Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Modular Inspirations?


Well.... seems the group is moving towards a modular synth focus.
That's fine by me!! I wanted it that way in the first place anywho!!!

So, I found this post on Matrixsynth about a Swedish synth diy'er or perhaps he's just Euro. of some kind. Anyways, i downloaded an image of his rig & i'll try to post it here, w/any luck??

Needless to say he's definitely got the right idea in my books!!! This is pretty much what i'm after, just not quite on this grand a scale!! Basically i'm looking to do this; a modular of large & small modules & a mix of diy & company modules.

Go to Matrix & today's posts for more info.

Darren

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a gameplan that I want to work on at the next meeting. I have an interesting idea for a synthesizer that I plan on building, and plan on doing it through this group. If anyone noticed the thread on matrix about the desktop modular case, that is kind of along the lines of what I had in mind, only its default hardwired with patchpoints that can break the hardwiring kind of like an MS20. I would like to look into using digital pots tho, so it has some kind of patch memory possibility. I have a friend I am going to be consulting with regards to designing a processor chip that will be effective in this manner. And of course, I am going to want to be able to find someone that has an eprom burner, so if anyone knows someone with one, that might save me some grief trying to deal with craigslist.

Unknown said...

I would also like to look into adding sampler modules and wavetables. I have not read much about anyone really doing digital modules to work alongside the analogues so you get the best of both worlds.

That said, I don't see it as being impossible to make a destructive analogue sampler module using analogue delay chips. However my knowledge of this stuff is extremely young.

Moog$Fool$ said...

hey Taxi - man!!

what Matrix thread was that??

as for your 2nd comment --- i think u can find digital/wavetable modules @ Blacet, Metalbox & some others?? i'm not sure if they would be what u are after or not? also, there is a thread on the Moog Forum about analog sampling or some such?? it might be in the moogerfooger section under a proposed/wished for new Moog product?