Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blog content additions

Just wanted to chime in and say a few things. If anybody has any links they would like added or any other kind of information or layout suggestions, feel free to mention it. I spent a little while combing through my bookmarks to make a bit of a list on the side here, but there is a bunch that I have missed I am sure.

Also, wanted to point out that we meet every second Saturday of the month. We seem to have turnouts of between three to seven people. Each meeting seems to last about an hour, and there always seems to be some good conversation and company that comes by. If you have been considering attending or know other people that are interested in talking about music gear and the likes, feel free to come. We are friendly people. :)

Finally, I am going to be building a Paia Fatman kit this weekend. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, feel free to reply to this blog.

-J

2 comments:

Moog$Fool$ said...

hey.

nice move on the Fatman J!!
i hope to see it when complete.

anyways, i'm happy to see others using the blog. when i get the time i'll see if there's some stuff i can add to the side aswell?

i just got in from Toronto where i had a blast. i bought a Mid-fi Electronics Glitch Computer & may post a review in a week or 2???

i saw a lot of fun gear in 4 different shops that i can tell u guys about at the next meeting if anyones interested.

Darren

Unknown said...

Well, the fatman has been comming along OK. I made a very big error in using the wrong kind of wire for jumpers. Thats what I get for being dyslexic and not reading the instructions properly. That said, I spent about 7 hours today undoing and fixing the error. Even though I spent most of the time swearing at myself for being an idiot, I feel that I came out of it with some valuable advancement in my soldering ability (the fatman is my first serious project, and this is the first time I have begun to be able to hold a soldering iron with any kind of competance).

Its gotten my seriously interested in taking on loads more DIY projects. I want to look into ordering a bunch of PCB and synthesizer kits.